I saw this last night, after completing an install of LM 7.2. WHat I found,
however, was then if I closed menudrake, logged out, and then logged back in
(I am using KDE) the new menu configuration was there.

Interestingly, what I had done was dragged the "amusements" menu item into
"applications" to make it a submenu of applications. Menudrake showed it
correctly, but the KDE menu did NOT show the amusements submenu under
applications. Rather, it remained a top-level menu, but now was devoid of
all of its prior contents. When I logged out and then back in agian, all
worked as it should.

I am guessing that perhaps KDE loads the top-level menu setup at login time,
but then gets submenus dynamically as you click on them, which would
potentially explain this finding.

Out of curiosity: Does anyone know where the menu data is actually stored? I
have searched in my home dir (eg /home/nl) and cannot find any config type
of file containing my menu data anywhere (yes, I have configured Konqueror
to display hidden files).

As you prob know, under Windows (Sorry), the start menu items are
essentially alias under the startmenu folder in windows, and i have become
accustomed to rearranging my menus by just rearranging those folders in
Windows explorer. Since my KDE menu is just chock full of a ton of stuff (I
have 4 different HMTL editors....), I would like to quickly drop EVERYTHING
into one big folder, create some folders for the things i know I am going to
use,and then rearrange as I try things out and decide I like them.

Neal