> Well, we have ALMOST all the Free(not free) stuff off the first two disks
> of our distro.  If you run an expert install, you should find a host of
> languages, including, but not limited to:
>
> Python
> Perl
> Tcl/Tk
> Ruby
> Mercury
> OCAML
> Haskell
> Scheme
> Guile
> Lisp
> Fortran77 (via a translator to c)
> Pascal(via a translator to c called p2c)
> c/c++
> nasm
> SmallEiffel
> several others, even (yecch) basic, all under free licenses or we don't put
> them on

I think the fortran 77 (g77) is a true compiler (in fact is one of the
frontends of the gnu compiler).

And I agree with the python coment, apart of what is already mentioned
it is very easy to build interfaces to c/c++ almost automatically using
swig and with fortran using f2py... it is a great tool indeed

--

              Jaime Perea - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Instituto de Astrofísica
                                           de Andalucía.  CSIC