** Reply to message from "Ira M. Bargon III" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Tue,
30 Jan 2001 19:14:25 -0800

> The logo on the controller says DPT CM400

Sounds like an Adaptec RAID controller. From what I've seen, there are no Linux
drivers for it. Rip it out, replace it with a 2940 or some other non-raid SCSI
controller. If you want raid, take a look at the Mylex adapters. Make sure you
know what SCSI you are running. By the description of the box, I'd say Wide SCSI
or something from that "generation". Pull the model numbers from the drives and
dounble check the vendor's site (unless they happen to be Micropolis or another
long-gone SCSI vendor from the mid-90's heyday of SCSI).

John LeMay Jr.
Senior Enterprise Consultant
NJMC, LLC.

[tag] It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.