From: "Ira M. Bargon III" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 10:14 PM
Subject: [expert] Instalation of Mandrake 7.2 on SCSI Drives using
PM2122a/9x Controller

[snip]
Well I went with a Mandrake 7.2 install and couldnt get past step one. I
dont know what scsi driver to use, i tried them all and none of them worked.
Every drive on
this server is scsi. The logo on the controller says DPT CM400. On bootup it
lists as a pm2122a/9x.

I am taking the asummption that the two hardrives are some type of raid
array. I have never done an linux install on scsi so i am definately lost.
Is anyone familiar with the hardware i listed above. Do you know what
drivers i need to use to do the install. I was under the impression that i
need to use one of the EATA drivers. None of these work. If having the raid
configuration is going to be a pain, i will forget about it. Becasue i dont
really see my self doing any hard drive intensive work. This server would
just be for file storage, internet sharing, squid and samba. If anyone has
any information for where i could even start that would be great.

Thanks again.
               Ira