"Tricia C. Sesar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 February 2001 15:33, Rusty Carruth wrote:
> > I know we can do a LOT with software, but there's this little problem
> > of getting the bits across to the PSTN 'network' that will require at
> > least a little hardware ;-)
>
> PSTN doesn't use "bits". It's an analog network

Sorry, imprecise use of 'bits'.  Rewind and see this:

        know we can do a LOT with software, but there's this little problem
        of getting the pieces of info across to the PSTN 'network' that will
        require at least a little hardware ;-)

Or, for more discriminating tastes:

        know we can do a LOT with software, but there's this little problem
        of getting the information from the digital stream into analog and off
        into to the PSTN 'network' that will require at least a little hardware ;-)

rc - the foo man from choo...

Rusty Carruth          Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825
ICBM: 33 20' 44"N   111 53' 47"W