Hi all,

I am trying to work out which is the right way to do this...

accorrding to the red hat bible,

PERSIST=no tells pppd to not disconnect if the connection is broken, rather
to reconnect...

is that the case?

I was told on the list to just add "persist" to the options file, but my
server is still not reconnecting..

and webmin reports that it isn't set to reconnect.

so I am changing it to persist=no to see if that works..

I tried man pppd, but it doesnt' tell you the format for on or off...

any suggestions kind people ? :-)

Frank Hauptle
Gshop & Network Payment Solutions.