At 07:21 12-03-01 -0500 some list member(s) wrote:
>> My 2 cents worth as well. I am using cups with Mandrake 7.2/Samba 2.07. It
>works
>> great. I have no idea how I got it to work, it just works.
>
>Ah, there is the problem.  Anything is great when it works.  Problem is when
>it does not work and figuring out "what" you have to do...

The problem is not inadequate software. The problem is inadequate
documentation.

Allow me to elaborate:
The documentation is usually written by the software developer.
He - as a general rule - just does not understand that the user
is operating in different ~operational~ and ~previous knowledge~
context. It is unfortunate that many a hard day's coding work
has been totally wasted by documentation which lacks
nothing but an intoductionary "Concepts and Facilities"
chapter.

CUPS is no exception.

tk

Anthony K. Transportation Systems - no HTML mail please.