Jack Gillis wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:17:45 -0900, William Bouterse wrote:
>
> >Try mandrakeuser.org before giving up.
>
> I've looked there but have not found an answer to this problem.  It may
> not be a cups problem.  Can you help?
>
> I have my HP IIP set using the WWW Cups Configuration Too.  It is lp
> and the only printer on my single computer set up.
>
> Whenever I print, from Netscape, Gedit or any other such thing I get one
> page
> with the message "@P3L JOB NAME="CUPSMATIC" and then anther
> page with the
> information follow by yet another blank page.  A waste of paper and time
> for
> me, a single user, single computer system.
>
> How can I get cups just to print the pages of data and not the two extra
> pages?
>
> I have read all of the docs I can think of that might apply but have not
> come
> across this situation.
>
> BTW, the install was the "recommended " one.

Jack,

In the cups configuration tool go to help and read the "Software Users
Manual". I believe this is explained under General and Banner Options.
Basically the banner options are controlled under your cups
configuration file. Look in /etc/cups/printers.conf. A line such as
"JobSheets none none", for none, which is how I have mine set.

G'Luck

Larry

--
Sword'sEdge