Thanks for the pointer.  I will be attempting the suggested fix (from the
cooker list) and see how that goes.  Then I'll let ya'll know what comes of
it.  I am hoping to be able to stick with qt-2.3.0 because the fonts really
do look damn nice.

--
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.