On Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:54:19 -0600
Larry Blodgett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok Benjamin I finally had to hard boot my machine (6 months of
> stability) all because of xfce.  Maybe you can explain how this
> happened.  I fired up xfce and I must admit it looks really cool so I
> let it run.  When my monitor went into power save I simply hit the
> mouse (as I always do in KDE) and nothing happened, I then hit the
> space bar, nothing happened.  My screen was black and I could not get
> the video to come back (I even tried ctr-alt-delete).  Finally in
> disgust I hit the hard reset button and I am now back in KDE.  What
> did I do wrong????

The Xscreensaver (not a part of XFCE) by default selects a screensaver at
random.  At least one of the screensavers is broken and will cause this
behavior.  Read the Xscreensaver doc to learn dow to run the demos to
select a screensaver you like and/or disable the screensaver entirely.

--
Collins Richey
Denver Area