Hi all, I have a problem with my CD writer. everything seems OK (it's a
Model: Hewlett-Packard CD-Writer Plus 9100b on the Device: /dev/hdc Bus
Type: ATAPI/IDE). It set the "dummy" scsi device and running the cdrecord
program everything seems fine (I get no message of something wrong). The
Cd is burned without problem, but when I try the CD I'm not able to read
it properly. I can see the directory trees but I'm not able to look insede
the singles files. I have tried with several Cd, data Cd, coping an
existing Cd and so on. It's not a problem of the image because the image
(mounted before burning, just for test) work fine all the time.

I found this in the /var/log/messages file

ide-scsi: hdc: unsupported command in request queue
kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc), sector 64
kernel: isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=16:00, iso_blkn
kernel: cdrom: open failed.
kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector

Someone could help me ?

thank you anyway
Andrea

There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy.
There is nothing good in war.  Except its ending.

 -- Abraham Lincoln, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5

tel +39 059 2055115