well for one thingg, ctrl-alt-backspace would have been more suitable then
crtl-alt-del, you wanted to kill x not linux.

another thing you could have done is used the alt-ctrl-F1-F6 and opened
another console, and used that to kill X

it sounds like the problem you have has something to do with the PM
settings.

dunno, I don't really use X at all in normal use, (I use mdk for servers,
not desktops) though I usually put kde on them for the purposes of allowing
the client to have something pretty to look at, and show then how to add
users and stuff graphically..

other then that, I don't have alot of use for X at the moment, because of
the shear number of graphics programs, and others that I use on a weekly
basis, I still have win2000 on my notebook (I hate it, it may be more stable
then win95/98 but it bites the big one for speed... the notebook is a PII
400 with 128mb ram and 8mb ATI video. but you'd swear it was an 8mb 486SX
trying to run win98.

Has anyone heard of Linux working with MiniPCI winmodems? (IE I have a
Compaq M700)

anyway, thats enough ranting for me...

seeya

Frank Hauptle