On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Rusty Carruth wrote:

I recently joined this list, not because I feel 'expert' but because I wanted
to know how the next release of Mandrake was shaping up, and this isn't a bad
place to find out. I am very glad I caught this thread. I'm currently running 2
AMD K6s and mandrake 6.1 with the 7.0 update, so I'm a bit behind the rest of
you. Updating is on my mind

My outlook is simple: I want to hear exactly what mandrake are going to do: are
they going to release in i586 & i686 separately, or plump for one or the other?
These pcs are with me until they cease to function, or fall beneath the minimum
specs in a way that hurts; I reckon that's 4-5 years, because increases in
available  power won't leave any 100 Mzh bus machine on the scrap heap for a
while. Cutting them off in 8-12 months (the only time I heard mentioned) is
like telling me to buy another distribution
--
        Regards,

        Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

        A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Good judgement comes from experience;   experience comes from bad judgement.