Hello,
        Help needed::!!!! after checking the archives , I am seeking your
help....

I installed LM7.2 recently.(2 weeks).

from that time I have been struggling to configure ftp/telnet problem.

from my m/c I am able to login into any other machine
but
the other way I am NOT able to ...Where did I screw up...

I enabled inet services in startup drake.
I compared with other machines here, found that I dont have
ftpaccess file,,,generated that...even then....I am unable to login
from other machines to my machine...

from other machines if try : for example:

*****************************
[shiva@prism ~]$ ftp cryst                      // cryst is my machine....
Connected to cryst.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp> by
[shiva@prism ~]$

[shiva@prism ~]$ telnet cryst                   // my machine...
Trying 144.16.74.75...
Connected to cryst.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
[shiva@prism ~]$
*************************************

some problem  is there... its connecting and then my m/c is denying
access.....I didnt fiddle with any of the security files or access files
there off....
can anybody point me ,where I should look for....

thankyou in advance......

Happy Day,
Prasad, B.V.L.S.,
Research Scholar.
   AIM OF SCIENTIFIC ADVENTURE :          NATURE CRYSTALLOGRAPHY
|Thought|   | Fourier|   |      |   |Different|   | Fourier |   |Structure|
| waves |-->|Analysis|-->|NATURE|-->|Forms of |-->|Synthesis|-->|   of    |
|       |   |        |   |      |   |Knowledge|   |         |   | NATURE  |

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         PROTEIN CRYSTALLOGRAPHY           ...Shiva