I had a laptop  and got stuck doing an install. There is a document on
the Red Hat site indicating how, step by step, to do a PLIP install. The single
noticable omission is to warn you about plip mode 1 & mode 2. One uses the
standard parallel port, and the other uses a bidirectional port. I found it by
putting "linux plip install" into HotBot and searching. It's a work around for
a problem that obviously isn't going away.

        Regards,

        Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

        A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Good judgement comes from experience;   experience comes from bad judgement.