I have Quake3 working flawlessly in Mandrake 8.0, just like I had it working
flawlessly in 7.2. I'm having no sound problems whatsoever. I'm using a Sound
Blaster Live, which I noticed doesnt give me any problems even while I'm
playing MP3s in  xmms and hearing sounds from other apps while I'm still
playing Q3.