On Mon Apr 30, 2001 at 05:19:41PM +1000, Jeff Mills wrote:

> I have Quake3 working flawlessly in Mandrake 8.0, just like I had it working
> flawlessly in 7.2. I'm having no sound problems whatsoever. I'm using a Sound
> Blaster Live, which I noticed doesnt give me any problems even while I'm
> playing MP3s in  xmms and hearing sounds from other apps while I'm still
> playing Q3.

I bought and installed Heretic2 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 when I
had cooker installed.  Worked just fine then.  Last week I put 8.0
final on (only updates are security updates; nothing from cooker), and
I backed up my /usr/local directories and restored them after the
fresh 8.0 install.  Both Heretic2 and HoMM3 work fine here.  Tried
them both now... good speed, sound, everything works.

Athlon 950, 512MB RAM, SB Live MP3

I did absolutely nothing to get these working...  I restored my
desktop icons in Nautilus when I restored /usr/local and they work fine.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
1024D/FE6F2AFD   88D8 0D23 8D4B 3407 5BD7  66F9 2043 D0E5 FE6F 2AFD

Current Linux kernel 2.4.3-20mdk uptime: 5 days 10 hours 15 minutes.

PGP signature