As root do a cat /proc/nv/card0

What is your agp status?  Enabled or Disabled. and agp driver says
NVIDIA

You can also confirm which x is using by checking your
/var/log/XFree86.0.log.  If it is the one from the kernel you need to
stop that from loading, so the nvidia one can get in there.

I had to go into /etc/rc.sysinit and comment out the loading of agp to
allow the nvidia one to get loaded.

Jerry