Hi,

I have just done a fresh install of Mandrake 8.0 after having used 7.2
with no problems for some time. I am trying to install two different
commercial symbolic math packages, Macsyma Pro 2.4 and Maple V. Both
packages seem to install fine, but the executables they install are not
recognized by the system. I can list them, e.g. ls -l for Maple gives:

# ls -l mapleTTY
-rwxrwxr-x    1 alias    24         669660 Jan 11  1998 mapleTTY*

but trying to execute it gives the following:

# ./mapleTTY
bash: ./mapleTTY: No such file or directory

(this is not a PATH problem, it happens when I'm in the same dir as the
executable)

The same problem occurs for Macsyma. Both packages installed and ran fine
under 7.2.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks for any help

Will