On Friday 01 June 2001 01:26 pm, Rivera, Oscar wrote:

Oscar:

Chek the Download section.  You have a choice between ISO and RPMs.  If you
want to do your upgrade over the Internet (i.e., without burning a CD from an
ISO image), you can make a bootable floppy with a network image (look for
network.img, I think).  There's a dd command to make the floppy, but I don't
remember what it is.  Someone here posted it, and maybe they can post it
again for you.

Anyway, after you make the bootable floppy, boot with it, and hit F1 at the
first screen, then type "all" at the boot: prompt.  It'll ask you where you
want to download from, so you pick the FTP site you want, with the path  to
the directory containing the files the network image needs.  (the path is to
the i586 directory, in my case).  The it'll lead you through the install,
just as if you've been using a CD.

One word of warning:  In order for the network install to be workable, you
need a fast connection on a speedy ftp site.  I had a lot of trouble
upgrading in the afternoon because the ftp server I was using kept dropping
me.