On Friday 01 June 2001 12:26 pm, Rivera, Oscar wrote:
> Hi,
> How do you do a software upgrade in mandrake 8 using an internet
> connection? Before in mandrake 7.1 there was a list of mirrors but in
> 8 I cannot get the list of mirrors.

  If you mean with Software Manager, I had to go to the list of cooker
mirrors  http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/cookerdevel.php3   then load
one in Konqueror, navigate to the /updates/8.0/RPMS dir, and then paste
that URL into Software Manager.  You're right, it was much easier to
get a list of mirrors with 7.x's MandrakeUpdate.  IIRC, the first time
I used 8.0's updater, it did give me a list of mirrors. It was only
when I changed mirrors I had to do what I described above.
--
Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay