On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Aleksey Naumov wrote:

> But which driver do you use for your 3C905B: "3c90x" or "3c59x"?
>
> I am trying to decide if it's worth putting more time into trying to
> compile
> the "3c90x" module (I also tried it but got no further than Juha) and,
> hopefully, get it to load, or to try to fiddle with the card itself...

Well, i actually did get 3c90x to load.

By entering the following into /etc/modules.conf

alias eth0 3c90x
options 3c90x switchdelay={0,0}

(the second line seems odd considering the drivers readme, which states:

OPTION: switchdelay
 Delays the driver initialiation by three seconds to allow slower
 switches to respond to the NIC initialization

 0 Disabled   [ Default ]
 1 Enabled

but it works)

and changing the line

Eth0Driver=3c59x

in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/draknet_conf

Eth0Driver=3c90x

Not that it'd been of much use, since now the connection just fails
without any error visible error messages...

  Juha

 Tel.   +35850/3256683
 Email. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      http://www.iki.fi/~jomustaj/