OK i found a way to fix it actually i uninstalled abisuite but it might be
enough to comment out the line leading to abiword fonts from
/etc/X11/fs/config
#       /usr/share/abisuite/AbiSuite/fonts,
 just put a # in front of it i dont know if abisuite will work without those
fonts but its worth a try, actually abiword should use different fonts too if
you just comment this line.
If abiword doesnt work anymore after that, uninstall it and use openoffice
instead its much more professional and i think it handles MSWord files nicer
(not perfect though but its still beta and getting better all the time )
Cheers