** Reply to message from Laurent CREPET <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Sun, 19 Aug 2001
15:21:10 +0200

> # For root login to succeed here with pam_securetty, "rsh" must be
> # listed in /etc/securetty.

Thanks Laurent. I had found this, however I wasn't sure how to add rsh to the
file. I tried adding "rsh" as the last line of the file (immediately following
"tty6"), however I still could not gain access. Am I using the wrong syntax or
do I need to restart some service after making the change to /etc/securetty?

thanks!

John LeMay Jr.
Senior Enterprise Consultant
NJMC, LLC.