Hi!

I think that you need an entry

host root

in the other machines /root directory

So if you would like to do rsh from ngk to champion

I would add the line

ngk root

to the /root/.rhosts

file. The file should have 644 permission I think.

And using ssh may be a better idea if you have anything like connection to
the internet without a firewall.

Regards

Erik

lördag 18 augusti 2001 23:34 skrev du:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to use rsh from my LM7.2 server to connect to my LM8.0f1machine
> and I'm receiving the following on the LM8.0f1 box:
>
> Aug 18 17:31:33 logan pam_rhosts_auth[4471]: allowed to root@cyclops as
> root Aug 18 17:31:33 logan in.rshd[4471]: rsh denied to root@cyclops as
> root: Permissio
> n denied.
> Aug 18 17:31:33 logan in.rshd[4471]: rsh command was 'ls'
>
> The server receives a "Permission Denied" message. The command was simply
> "rsh logan ls". I also tried "rsh -l root logan ls". However, if I just try
> a simple rlogin or "rsh logan", I can connect and run commands to my
> heart's content.
>
> Any ideas why I can open a session to the machine with rlogin/rsh, but I
> cannot execute a remot command with rsh?
>
> Thanks!
>
> John LeMay Jr.
> Senior Enterprise Consultant
> NJMC, LLC.

Erik Kaffehr                [EMAIL PROTECTED] alt. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mariebergsvägen 53          +46 155 219338 (home)
S-611 66 Nyköping           +46 155 263515 (office)
Sweden                      -- Message sent using 100% recycled electrons --

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com