** Reply to message from Olaf Marzocchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Sun, 19 Aug
2001 16:23:15 +0200

Before you jump you may want to try out Polarbar (www.polarbar.org). It's a
completely Java based mailer that is full featured and naturally cross platform.
It will run with either 1.1.8 or 1.3.x Java clients and there are many users
running on multiple platforms. I run Polarbar on both Windows 2000 and Linux.
There are even a large number of OS/2 users since Polarbar was based on the Java
based JStreet Mailer from Innoval, maker of the popular OS/2 mail client Post
Road Mailer.

Since I use a mapped home directory - the same one from both machines - I have
all of my messages available wherever I am. Polarbar stores mail as individual
pop files making it very easy to access messages even outside of the mail
client.

John LeMay Jr.
Senior Enterprise Consultant
NJMC, LLC.