At 17.04 19/08/01, you wrote:

>On Sunday 19 August 2001 09:23, Olaf Marzocchi wrote:
> > I'm going to change mail program (I am currently using Eudora) in
> > order to switch to Linux completely.
> > Now I need to know which one is faster because I have mailboxes with
> > more than 8K messages (for example, that with this ML inside).
>
>Mailboxen with 8000+ messages!!!!  Delete those suckers, and
>use the mail archives at
>     http://www.mail-archive.com/expert@linux-mandrake.com/

I usually read the mail off-line, moreover finding some informations inside
the HD is faster and less expensive than connecting to my dial-up provider
and making a search in a on-line DB.

> > I tried Evolution and KMail, but they semm rather slower compared to
> > Eudora. I would prefer a Gnome app, if possible.
>
>KMail is fast enough for me...

I gave a look to it, but the address manager literally sucks! I have never
seen such a simple manager! I know Eudora's one is almost completely
useless, but KMail is the opposite!

It also crashed sometime.

Another question: nobody mentioned Mozilla Messenger: does it sucks so much?

Thank you for the help

Olaf

Configuration: Celeron 333A, 128 MB, 6+3 GB HD, SoundBlaster 128 PCI,
Realtek Ethernet, i740 video card running at 1024@16bpp, Toshiba CD and LG
8080B CD-RW
hda1: win 98, hda5 Linux ReiserFS, hda6 swap, hda7 ReiserFS (/home); hdb1:
FAT32 with datas

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com