"Bruce E.Harris" wrote:

> I have reinstalled MK 7.2 at least 8 times, because disk drake could not see
> my partitons, On track was the only way I could figure out to get access to
> the disk. I did tr fdisk too.
>
> Guess I will live with booting fm a floppy.
>
> Bruce

Bruce,

Were you ever able to ever get a clean, pristine, and formated harddive
with fdisk? By this, I mean no kind of data, includine no boot records
(MBR), on your harddive. Could you ever get to this state of affairs
using fdisk? And, if you did, why could you not then install Mandrake?
How far into the installation process did you get, and what was the
actual error you received from Mandrake. You could live with a floppy
or, if you want, you might be able to learn how to correct this
situation. The problem with hardware software, such as Ontrack, is that
it can become corrupted, and your entire harddrive's content gets
dooshed.....

Just some thoughts shared,
drjung

--