I'm not sure exactly what your network situation is, but can't you
simply instruct people that are using your network in the proper
etiquette for using Outlook?  People attack Outlook because so many
people use it and aren't familiar with it's "features" (the bigger the
target, the easier to hit); if you're the company admin, simply turn off
the scripting abilities of Outlook for each of your clients and you're
set.  I'm typing this reply using Outlook on my Win2k box and to my
knowledge, I've never given, received or passed a virus.  Let me make
this analogy:
Your roommate comes in the apartment at 3am with a loud group of friends
after a party and walks in your bedroom (knowing full well that you have
to get up at 5am for work) and flips on your light to ask you if he /
she can borrow some money ~ the following day, do you rip all the light
switches out of the apartment?

Mike :)