Hi Jose,

Thanks for your response.

I could not discover the cause for what has happened to my incident.

This time I closed the Anti-virus and other protection software of my
Windows PC first before I started to download Mandrak-Linux 8.1 .  After
completion I checked md5sum and found the CRC of the 3 (three) download
files identical to that listed in Mandrake website.  I burnt 3 installing
discs (also close Anti-virus and protection software).  During installation
3 warnings pop-up one after one as follows;

xmms-kjofol-skins-1.2.0-3mdk
xmms-more-vis-plugins-unsafe-1.4.0-3mdk
xmms-skins-1.0.0-11mdk.noarch

indicating that there is an error in installing those packages asking
whether I intend to continue.  I select "continue".

After re-boot in Xterm window I rpm those packages from the 2nd CD.  I
succeded rpm  "xmms-kjofol-skins-1.2.0-3mdk.i586.rpm".  For rpm

xmms-more-vis-plugins-unsafe-1.4.0-3mdk.i586.rpm
xmms-skins-1.0.0-11mdk.noarch.rpm

in the mid way, another warning pop-up saying different I/O port.

I burnt the 2nd CD twice and made re-installation but could not rectify the
mistake.  It is very strange to me.  Could you shed me some light.

Thanks in advance.

B.R.
Stephen