Hi everyone..

I need to increase the size of /usr and that means moving it to another
drive..

So I stuck in a 3.2 gig drive, which is /dev/hdc

I then removed the fat32 partition using fdisk and created two new
partitions, one primary and one extended.

I don't care about the extended drive at present, its for future needs if
applicable.

Anyway, I know want to format the primary partition with reiserfs, (I am
assuming that the primary is /dev/hda1)

what command does linux use for formatting ? and how do I specify reiserfs?

Once the drive is formated for Reiserfs, I plan to mount it as something and
copy everything in /usr into it..

Then boot from the rescue disk, mount the / filesystem and edit /etc/fstab
to point /usr to the new partition...

That should do the trick shouldn't it?  I have never needed to do this
before in linux, so I am winging it.. but
the logic seems to indicate that this will work....

Any tips would be much appreciated.

rgds

Frank