Hi ltiu,

As far as I know you have two choices to turn off the graphic boot
screens.  If you look in /etc/lilo.conf you'll see the second entry
label=linux-nonfb . If you boot this kernel which is the same as the
default, the graphic boot screen is turned off.  Alternatively, you can
alter the symlink to lilo in /boot to point to the menu or text dirs.  I
believe this should also remove the graphic boot up.

Hope this helps!

Randy