Hi Jose,

At 02:59 AM 11/10/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Try talking to the server directly to verify your password...
>
>I.E.
>
>"telnet servername 110"

I tried both at root as well as user

In Konsole window

telnet  pop.aaa.net  110
bash:  telnet:  command not found

I made a quick browse but could not discover  "telnet" command in  /bin

I could not discover the mistake committed.   In another PC running Win ME,
I configure Eudora with the same settings and it works fine without problem.

I encountered the same problem before but unfortunately I could not recall
how to rectify it because I have been away from Linux for some times.   In
the early version of Linux only root can send and receive emails as well as
browsing the web.   You have to chmod to allow the user having such
authorities.

Adding to my problem is my "Mandrake 8.1" being not very stable.  Its PS/2
port is still not working.

Anyhow I am considering to have another round to re-install Mandrake 8.1.

Thanks

B.R.
Stephen

(By the way.  Do you know how to refresh Linux.

Example.
Start Linux but forget plugging in the Broadband.  After having the cable
connected instead of rebooting the PC, is there any easy way ? )