Hi Ron,

Thanks for your advice.

(OS Mandrake 8.1)
==============
>Caught this in the middle, but you might check to see if
>your ISP has a special mail server such as mail.aaa.net or
>pop.aaa.net.

For incoming mail "pop.aaa.net" is correct (mail.aaa.net is for outgoing
mails).  In another PC running Win ME, I configure Eudora with the same
settings and it works fine without problem.

I encountered the same problem before but unfortunately I could not recall
how to rectify it because I have been away from Linux for some times.  In
the early version of Linux only root can send and receive emails as well as
browsing the web.  You have to chmod to allow the user having such authorities.

Adding to my problem is my "Mandrake 8.1" being not very stable.  I got a
lot of problem before I can install it.  Its PS/2 port is still not working.

Anyhow I shall try to fix this problem starting from telnet to see whether
there is any solution.

Thanks.

B.R.
Stephen