On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 06:59:37PM -0200, jose orlando t. ribeiro wrote:
> In LICQ choose to send your messges trough the server. I only don't
> remember if it is a global choice or if you have to do this for each
> name in your ICQ list.

Sadly this won't work, since the 12th (the release of ICQ 2001b) they've
in fact changed the *server* protocol.  Direct connections are the ONLY
way of actually getting messages to others.  But add to this the fact
that ICQ has now denied direct connections to older versions of ICQ
(including licq) by default (this can be turned off, though) and you
start to see the dillema.

Because so many of my friends live behind various firewalls and DSL
routers and such it means I have to resort to *email* or <cringe!>
actually *visiting* them now!!  lol

I just subscribed to all the Licq developement lists, in order to keep
track of whats going on with the developement, ICQ is hard to live
without!!! :-(