> The drivers I have tried either dont work, or print 4 lines of ascii on
> a separate page as well as the page I want to print.  I cannot find any

Have you tried different bjc drivers?

Currently I have a bjc-250. I'm using the bj200 driver for now with foo-
matic. Works fine, I don't print in color - just have b&w ink cartridges.
Color has worked in the past with bjc800 and other drivers, but the results
haven't been stellar. Mostly, the image prints too darkly.