Dave said:

> As long as your desktop is connecting to the Internet ok, then we can
> probably assume everything on that side is setup correctly.

OK

> I think the next thing I would try to do is traceroute from your laptop,
> to some IP address on the internet. That way, we can see just where your
> TCP packets are getting hung up.

First I checked that the network card in the notebook is ok. I connected the
line from the ADSL modem to the notebook, configured the internet access and
was online. So the NIC works.

I don't get anywhere from the notebook as long as it is connected to the
desktop.
I looked at the routing table and once more checked all the IPs. No way.

Right now I'm writing this from the office so I don't have access to my box
until 1600 local time (GMT +1).

--
wobo
http://www.wolf-b.de   ISDN4LINUX FAQ - DE