On Sunday 09 December 2001 10:40 am, Tom Badran wrote:
> >     Mmmmm ... not very encouraging. Is there a generally preferred
> > filesystem when stability is paramount ?
>
> I personnally have not had a single problem with ext3 or xfs. I have 2
> systems which make extensive use of both.

    Civileme's done a lot of industrial strength testing on FS's. I just
did a search on Mandrake forum for his articles. I found one, that
recommended ext3, but I seem to remember a newer article in which he
favored ReiserFS and XFS. Maybe it was on one of the mailing lists.

    I've been using Reiser for 15 months, all partitions except /swap of
course, with no problems. I still think a lot of things gettin blamed on
the FS, are really hardware problems. Most problems are user, hardware,
OS in that order. I'd give it 80/15/5%. I know I can usually solve things
better, faster if I approach 'em that way.
--
____Tom Brinkman _________________ South Texas, USA_____

Ask not for whom the Bell tolls, and you will pay only the
station-to-station rate.                -- Howard Kandel