>> Ok, basic tests:
>>
>> Can you ping your gateway IP?
>> Does nslookup work?
>> Can you ping your DNS server(s) as it's set in resolv.conf?
>> What address are you trying to connect to; can you resolve it with
>> nslookup?
>> Can you ping that IP address directly (no DNS lookup)?
>> Any firewall settings that might get in the way?
>> Would the DHCP server be set to block/ignore traffic from IP's it
>> hasn't
>> assigned?
>

> I have 3 other comps behind this router. I can still ssh into the
> Mandrake box when its on its permanent IP (192.168.0.2) but it cannot
> resolve anything from that IP. The router isn't set to block anything
> unusual. All other comps can connect to the next just fine. Its just
> the Mandrake box. I am going to switch one of my other comps to
> 192.168.0.2 to rule out that specific IP as being a problem.

Alright I just put a WinXP box on 192.168.0.2 and it was able to resolve
domains just fine. So its not the router thats blocking anything. I'm at
a loss here to what just "broke". I still don't know why it can resovle
when its on DHCP but can't when I put it on 192.168.0.2 manually.

My name is Neo Montoya. You killed my computer. Prepare to die.