On Sunday, December 9, 2001, at 11:16 PM, Tarragon Allen wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:01, NDPTAL85 wrote:
>>> What is the contents of your resolv.conf?
>>>
>>> What happens when you run nslookup (by itself) from the command line
>>> on
>>> this
>>> machine?
>>>
>>> Are there any firewall rules on the Mandrake box?
>>
>> There is no firewall on the Mandrake box. When I run nslookup I get a
>> message telling me nslookup is out of date. Here's what I get:
>>
>> [ndptal85@Dreadnaught ndptal85]$ nslookup
>> Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
>> Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
>> the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
>
> That's normal.  Can you please answer this question:
>
>>> What is the contents of your resolv.conf?
>
> Also, I missed the original problem, could you detail it again for me?
>
> Also, try "host -a www.google.com" and tell me what you get back.

 > host -a www.google.com

And here's the contents of my resolv.conf:

search earthlink.net
nameserver 207.217.126.82
nameserver 207.217.77.81
nameserver 207.217.120.83

The original problem is this. When the box is set to use DHCP, it can
resolve domains and surf the web just fine. When I manually assign it an
IP and DNS servers it can't. It used to work just fine manually but
sometime this week it just stopped working for some reason. The manual
IP I use for this box is 192.168.0.2. I have already put my other comps
on this IP and they can use it just fine.

Yoda's answering machine, this is. Leave a message, you might and call
you back, he will.