Michael Viron wrote:

>At 11:47 AM 12/17/2001 -0300, Alexander Arzberger wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>how can I play WMA (Windows Media Audio) files in Linux.?
>>Also, I was looking for a converter, without success.
>>
>>Alex
>>

>I think WMA is a Microsoft proprietary format.  If it is, then it is very
>unlikely that you'll find a converter or a player for it, as
>'reverse-engineering' it would be illegal (the DMCA would apply, at least
>in the US).
>
>--
>Michael Viron
>Registered Linux User #81978
>Senior Systems & Administration Consultant
>Web Spinners, University of West Florida

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

The best method that I have seen to work by what I see on the website is
win4lin by netraverse. Here is a link of a desk top running WMA:
http://www.netraverse.com/images/art/screenshots/w4l3_screen_med.jpg

I plan on purchasing this software today. I am impressed and I have to
see it for myself! I hope this helps.