I thought that xine supported wmf as well.  At least that is what they say at
their homepage. http://xine.sourceforge.net/

mandrake has xine packages for the latest version (0.9.7), that can be found
at http://rpmfind.net

BTW.  Is rpmnet slower these days ??  Downloads are not thta smooth anymore
lately.

Marc