As I know, Win4Lin only supports Win9x, but not NT4/2k/XP. It would be
much better if you try vmware. :)

/Jun

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 10:29:13AM -0600, nds wrote:
:Michael Viron wrote:
:
:>At 11:47 AM 12/17/2001 -0300, Alexander Arzberger wrote:
:>
:>>Hi,
:>>
:>>how can I play WMA (Windows Media Audio) files in Linux.?
:>>Also, I was looking for a converter, without success.
:>>
:>>Alex
:>>
:>
:>I think WMA is a Microsoft proprietary format.  If it is, then it is very
:>unlikely that you'll find a converter or a player for it, as
:>'reverse-engineering' it would be illegal (the DMCA would apply, at least
:>in the US).
:>
:>--
:>Michael Viron
:>Registered Linux User #81978
:>Senior Systems & Administration Consultant
:>Web Spinners, University of West Florida
:>
:>
:>------------------------------------------------------------------------
:>
:>Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
:>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
:>
:The best method that I have seen to work by what I see on the website is
:win4lin by netraverse. Here is a link of a desk top running WMA:
:http://www.netraverse.com/images/art/screenshots/w4l3_screen_med.jpg
:
:I plan on purchasing this software today. I am impressed and I have to
:see it for myself! I hope this helps.
:
:
: