> would like to see 'ati1', 'ati2', 'ati3', also. using '->' may have
> confused you. also, i left off 'ati5', 'ati6', 'ati7'.

ATI1 0314B
USA
OK
ATI2 MT2834ZDX
OK
ATI3 101162240001000000239010
OK
ATI5 OK
ATI6 OK
ATI7 OK

> do you have list of hayes at command set?

No, unless I can find docs from an old modem around here somewhere.
I seem to remember that a book came with modems listing all the commands and
also how to program the "S" registers.

> if your profile buffers are empty, 'atz' does not have anything to
> reset to. it is possible, but i would not say for sure, that your
> modems profile buffers have been cleared and are in need of rewriting.
>
> > alone (set to com1) and again it works, just won't work in 8.1.
> > Sure got me scratchin' my head....
>
> do not scratch away what you have left.
>
> do you know what init string is for 8.0 and 8.1?

As far as I know, looking at KPPP, it's ATZ for both. Not sure where to look
for init string other than in KPPP....

--
Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936