On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:08:27 -0800
Ric Tibbetts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mark Weaver wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:03:53 -0800
> > Ric Tibbetts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

>message:

>anything.,..

>old machine. It's nice though. very, very functional.
> > >
> > > I'd still recomend either Bluefish, or Quanta Plus. They're both
> > > installed with 8.1, and both very functional. (with my favor leaning
> > > toward Bluefish). using Mozilla for that is like using a large truck, to
> > > haul a small jar of peanuts.
> > >
> > > That is unless you want to do it the right way, and just use vi.  ;)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ric Tibbetts
> > >

> > actually I don't care for either of those. a wee bit to much like work. I usually
>use VI or kate. Kate if I'm working with a lot of different files.
>
> Kate? Hmm.. don't know that one. What/where is it?

Text editor like GEdit or Gnotepad..... If you want to try something really useful try
CoolEdit... very full featured.  Bordering on emacs level of features *grin*.  Yes vi
and Kate are great for small 10 to 15 page sites.  But when you are talking 1500 to
3000 pages of static plus database driven dynamic sections..... sorry vi won't cut it.
 unless of course you enjoy all that typing *grin*.

James