On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 01:01:25 +0100
Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed frantically in their message:

> So sprach »Franki« am 2001-12-17 um 12:42:27 +0800 :
> > though I would like to upgrade to 0.9.6 on 8.1 without breaking anything.,..
> > but if its not possible, its not possible.
> > (or at least not easy.)
>
> Well, it's rather easy if you can live with a mozilla being installed
> in, let's say, ~/mozilla.  If that's okay, download a .tar.gz (or even
> just the installer) from the mozilla site and install it.  Just remember
> that it needs to be in your $PATH before /usr/bin!
>
> To do this, I've made myself a ~/bin dir and put ~/bin in my PATH.  Now,
> ~/bin/mozilla is a link to ~/mozilla/mozilla.
>
> Easy enough for me :)
>
> Alexander Skwar

I d'loaded the latest version of Mozilla and it'still a bit too heavy for my old
machine. It's nice though. very, very functional.
--
daRcmaTTeR

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  9:05am  up 16:00,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.07, 0.19