On Wednesday 26 December 2001 12:53 am, Steve Kieu wrote:

> What should I do? mplayer can not play as well after
> ./configure --disable-gcc-checking compile is ok, can
> not render anything

    When I first tried mplayer, I also compiled the tarball as you
did, and the program worked, but not real well.  Then ...

> What is the recommended program for playing vcd and
> dvd in mandrake ? because I saw no xine packages for
> mandrake, mplayer as well so ....

   .... I tried the Mandrake rpm for it by Guillaume Rousse and it
performs much much better  (mplayer-0.50-2mdk)

   http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/linux/plf/

   xine rpms are there as well

--
      Tom Brinkman             Corpus Christi, Texas, USA