Onur Kucuk wrote:

> I am having trouble in setting my apache to serve
>ASP pages.When I use my pages, the pages does not
>show,
>instead the browsers show the source of the page.
>Guess it is because the page does not execute.
>
> I put the example pages came with apache-ASP module,
>but they dont show up either.
>(/var/www/perl/Apache-ASP/site/eg)
>
>If I dont use the .htaccess, those pages come up with
>source. If i use the htaccess, the page gives internal
>
>error, which I found from the logs is the
>
>/var/www/html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'PerlSetVar',
>
>perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
>included in the server configuration
>
>So, how am I supposed to activate the mode_perl ?
>What else should I do for these ASP stuff ?
>
>System MDK 8.2 cooker
>
>httpd-perl and httpd are working.
>
>[root@zaburt httpd]# rpm -qa |grep ASP
>Apache-ASP-2.27-1mdk
>
>[root@zaburt httpd]# rpm -qa |grep apache
>apache-suexec-1.3.22-3mdk
>apache-manual-1.3.22-3mdk
>apache-conf-1.3.22-2mdk
>apache-modules-1.3.22-3mdk
>apache-source-1.3.22-3mdk
>apache-common-1.3.22-3mdk
>apache-mod_perl-1.3.22_1.26-3mdk
>apache-devel-1.3.22-3mdk
>apache-1.3.22-3mdk
>

> Thanks
> Onur Kucuk

>Send your FREE holiday greetings online!
>http://greetings.yahoo.com

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

First of all, since it is cooker, things may be out of sync...  remember
that the compilation chain that begins with kernel and glibc ends with
libGD which is what supports apache and company--there is a long time
and many libraries in between, and cooker stuff is out as soon as made.

Second, I never will use asp cold.  I process it with asp2php and then
use php modules to display it.  I have an asp-allergy<g>.

Civileme