I think you could to it in console mode too. If we are dealing with an
ethernet connection, methinks that passing "linux init=telnet x.x.x.x" to
LILO would make the machine come up to the other computer's login prompt.
Although this requires that the ethernet come up as part of the system init,
not as a SysV startup script...

Terry