Ric Tibbetts wrote:

>nds wrote:
>
>>pesarif wrote:
>>
>>>Hello again!
>>>
>>>Is it possible to login to a remote system (console login only because it
>>>doesn't have X), without having to login locally (as with telnet and ssh)?
>>>
>>>Because with X terminals, you are actually logging in to the remote system;
>>>While with telnet/ssh, you have to login to the system you're sitting in
>>>front of first, before you can actually telnet into the remote system and
>>>then log into that.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>pesarif

>>>Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
>>>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
>>>
>>Where did you hear that?! Not true unless I'm poorly mistaken but I only
>>had to have access to an "account" from the computer I'm trying to
>>access. Is that what you mean? You are trying to access a computer
>>without an "account"? RSVP
>>
>>Altoine
>>

>Yeah, this is possible. He's talking about a dumb terminal, (or an
>X-Term as they're called).
>Not the xterm (terminal window) within X.
>I suppose it would be possible to set up a cheap PC, as a dumb X-Term,
>and use it that way without actually loggin in to the PC.

I'd be interested in knowing whether is it possible to use a PC as a
dumb X-Terminal (is it the same as a Light Terminal?), and how. With
real dumb terminals, like the ones made by Wise, a special software is
needed for that, at least so it is under Windows NT and Unix (in the
last case such software is very expensive).  If anybody knows, thank you.

Piero.